Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Out of Town Kid Presents

When I was younger and my parents went out of town, they would always leave a bag for each day. It would usually have a cute little activity, or as we got older a movie they'd rented and money for a pizza. They were always so much fun, and I remember looking forward to them each day.

On Thursday we're going to Las Vegas with Nick's parents, and it's the first time we'll be on vacation without our kids. I thought that I would do the same thing for our kids, and our nephew Noah. Here are the bags that I put together for each day.


Fluorescent Fun




Growing and Goodies



Movie Night


Create a Circus


3 comments:

Tonii said...

That is one of the best ideas I have ever seen!! How cute are you?! Love your blog!

Lizz said...

Coming from you, who I consider the epitomy of craftiness, that is a huge compliment!! Thanks!

rylissite said...

what a great idea! I might just have to steal that for every day summer, maybe once a week giving them a super special activity like that. How creative!
Have fun in Vegas!